PA-AWRA Annual Fall Conference
Water Management Initiatives in Pennsylvania – Policies and Coordination from the Local to National Level
DATE: October 17, 2014; registration begins at 9:00 a.m.
LOCATION: Susquehanna River Basin Commission (SRBC) Headquarters; 4423 N. Front St., Harrisburg, PA
REGISTRATION: $25 includes conference registration, lunch and one-year membership to PA-AWRA
10:00 Keynote Address – Commonwealth of Pennsylvania Water Management Activities – Kelly Jean Heffner, Deputy Secretary for Water Management, PA Department of Environmental Protection
10:45 Morning Session: Recent State and Federal Policies Affecting Water Resource Management in Pennsylvania
- Biggert-Waters Act: National Flood Insurance Program reforms – David Bollinger, FEMA
- Clean Water Act: ‘Waters of the U.S.’ rule clarification – Jeff Lapp, Acting Deputy Director, Office of Communications and Government Relations, U.S. EPA
- Planning and Regulation in the Susquehanna River Basin – Andrew Dehoff, SRBC
12:15 PA-AWRA Business meeting
1:15 Afternoon Session: Stormwater Management in Pennsylvania
- Evaluating the Feasibility of Creating Stormwater Authorities in Pennsylvania: Legal Authority, Challenges Ahead, and One Regional Path Case Discussion– Alexandra Chiaruttini, Stock and Leader Law Firm
- Updates to Pennsylvania’s Stormwater BMP Manual – Mark Bowen, PA Stormwater Technical Workgroup
- Open discussion
Registration form is available online: http://state.awra.org/pennsylvania/conference/2014_Fallregistration.pdf.